Monday, May 26, 2008

Illuminated House Blessing

I have a new start to report!
I have decided on Illuminated House Blessing by Patricia Andrle.
I love her designs. I have several of them waiting to do in my stash!

I made a small start on it.I am using DMC with some Kreinik blending filament on Antique White Permin/Wichelt.

Before I started it I was trying to think of a way to change some of the colors.

There are a lot of pastels, light greens, and lavenders. I would have prefered to see some more vivid colors, blues, and a touch of red. I couldn't work out how to introduce those colors without changing everything, so I left the colors as they were designed.

I have actually gotten a bit further along since I took the picture. I think this will be a slow stitch because there is just a ton of back stitching! Almost every area needs to be back stitched.

1 comment:

Stitchingranny said...

This looks like one of those designs that looks deceptively simple and is actually quiet complicated. I shall watch with interest.