I was stuck for the better part of a week in the box with the alphabet. I didn't like the tannish color, but now it looks a lot better against the richness of the other colors.
I managed to finish the background, but there will not be enough of Conch to finish the piece. I think I will use the DMC alternative rather than re-ordering. If anyone decides to do this design, plan on ordering (2) Conch.
I am working in the lower left. I have just finished the base of the beehive.
The vines on the side are the most time consuming, with the little viney offshoots that I always have to count, no matter how many I do!
It is still snowing here. I think it will be June before we see the ground again! Has been so cold, none of it has melted. Our heating system isn't working very well. Thank God, we have a woodstove to back it up. Hope our wood lasts. We have burned through quite a bit of the wood so far. My task for today is to try to find another source of firewood, (not an easy task this time of the year)!
Enjoy your day!