Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Long overdue Mary Eaton update, Autumn in New York

This is a very long overdue update! Among other things, I have had a lot of trouble with my camera, but I did manage to get a few shots finally.

I worked on the tree which is stitched in a vertical stem stitch. The little bird at the top was a bit of a challenge!

Next I continued working on the hills.

Here is a close-up of the bull. He was a fun stitch!

I continued to work on the sampler until I ran out of three colors. There definitely wasn't enough silk in the kit, as I was not even close to finishing.

Here is where I left off.

While I was waiting for the silk to arrive, I decided to work on a new project.

This was a fun, quick stitch! I finished it in a couple of weeks.

Autumn in New York - Primrose Needleworks
I stitched it on 32-count Sandcastle, and used the suggested Sampler Threads and DMC.
I will have to find a nice little frame for it.

. . . Well, I have since received the silks in the mail, and I have already started stitching Mary again. I finished the tree on the right, and I am working on the second bird. I will post photos just as soon as I can.