The next row will be a bright row. I have lost the order of my bright rows here, but it is necessary toward the end of the rug. I will be putting the bright color in one row early because I do not want to end the rug with a bright color.
The Old Aviary is proving to be very frustrating to photograph. Maybe there is some secret to doing this that I don't know of, but the pale colors make it very difficult.
Instead of taking the whole picture, I have included the right and the left sides. Hopefully it won't look so washed out.
The first row of letters is a small uppercase alphabet. This is done in satin stitch over 4.
The next line is the pale green divider in a herringbone stitch.
The next line is the remainder of the letters and the start of the numbers. At the beginning and end of the numbers is a group of 5 eyelet stitches. There was a huge amount of frogging going on with this! I re-did it several times before I was satisfied with it. There are 31 points in each eyelet stitch. This is really tough to see on 40 count!
After this, there is a divider row done in the Ray stitch, in a pale orchid.
The next row is a large uppercase alphabet in the satin stitch.
I have just started the next dividing line which is all in cross stitch in a light taupe.
The tiny stitches on the 40 count are proving very challenging, but I am enjoying it. One thing that I have learned is that I cannot work on it for as long. Frequent breaks are necessary!