Friday, July 27, 2012

Okay. Now I do like a challenge, but . . .

I just cannot follow these directions as published!
In fact, if I had started with the border of the letter, it would have saved me a lot of time and frogging.

This is what I have so far:

The directions directed you to finish the D first, then do the corners. The border is to be done at some later time. This didn't work for me. I had to stitch atleast part of the border.
The problem is that there is no good picture to go by.

The stitching is mostly one over one, but the border is one over two. Where these two meet, is the problem. There is space left between them. In the upper right hand corner, it is hard to see it, but there is a moon there. The background is one over one, but where it meets curved areas, the space is not entirely filled in. I am not sure whether to fill it in with one over one, or leave it blank.
The directions are not clear.

I think I am going to go off grid here (literally), and just make it up as I go along.
Also, there are supposed to be tails coming off the letter that wind around into the border. This was supposed to be done, but I just didn't see how it could be done until the border is in place.

Well atleast the pulled eyelet turned out well. I am happy about that.

Has anyone out there stitched this? I would love to see some pictures and hear from you

Agghh! All of this has been very tough on these aging eyes!

I will keep you posted with my struggle.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

trying to fill in the spaces between over one and over two is definitely a challenge. I had to do that with Ann Rayner and those little sheep. Not fun! Good luck with this one.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

hate it when instructions aren't clear - good luck!

Barb said...

Your colors are lovely ,but it does seem like winging it might be the best thing to do.

Lois said...

This piece does indeed sound quite challenging! Sometimes you just have to go with what works best for you so I say stitch it in whatever way you feel most comfortable. Such a nice piece, love the verse. Good luck!

Susan said...

I'll be watching with interest as I have this chart in my stash. Good luck, it looks great so far.