Saturday, February 5, 2011

Celebrate your Heart!

My next project is Celebrate Your Heart (Splendor XII) from The Heart's Content.


I am stitching this as designed (one stitch over one thread on 40ct linen), but I am thinking that I should have my head examined for doing this!
I ruined the first piece of linen when I tried to frog an entire row. You can remove perhaps one stitch from this, but an entire row is out of the question. I broke through one of the threads, so I had to cut another piece and start again.

After a very rocky start, it is finally coming along now. It is not what I would call enjoyable stitching however! I think it would have looked perfectly nice over 2 threads!

This is what I have so far:


There is an area on her dress that looks very muddy. There is supposed to be a skipped space, but it is very hard to see the detail. I think there is a mistake in there, but there is no way I am going to take it out again!

What I should have done is practiced before I started this! It really is quite different stitching. I can only do a little bit at a time. My eyes just refuse to focus after a while, even with reading glasses and a magnifier!
I have had this in my stash for ages. I figured that my eyes would never be any better than they are now, so I may as well try it.

Hopefully, I will have it done by Valentine's Day!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

It's so pretty! Are you doing actual cross over one? Or are you doing tent? I've always wanted to try to do one of these kits over one, but over 40ct -- ack! I tend to have that problem where spaces disappear too. So hard! Good luck with it -- it's lovely so far!

Teri said...

Over one on 40 count? Oh my. The design is really pretty, but I'm with you - over two would be much easier and would look nice as well. Congrats on your "This is the Day" finish!

Rhona said...

You are so brave doing one over one on 40 count - very impressive!! Hope you get it done by Valentine's day.

Anonymous said...

Just the thought of stitching over one on 40 count is enough to make me shudder! I've tried over 2 and that's hard enough for me with my eyesight, which is quite bad. It does look lovely though, keep up the good work!

Ziggyeor said...

Oh goodness I think I've only done 1 over 1 on 36 count! Good luck!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That will be a fantastic piece when finished... do you have that awesome heart frame to go with it?

Mary said...

Oh my! Pretty sure I couldn't see that even with a magnifier!! But, you are making lovely progress!