Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This is the Day is coming along.

I am liking the colors a lot more now. The fabric looks more goldish in person than it does in the picture. Here, it looks more tan than gold.


I was stuck for the better part of a week in the box with the alphabet. I didn't like the tannish color, but now it looks a lot better against the richness of the other colors.

I managed to finish the background, but there will not be enough of Conch to finish the piece. I think I will use the DMC alternative rather than re-ordering. If anyone decides to do this design, plan on ordering (2) Conch.

I am working in the lower left. I have just finished the base of the beehive.

The vines on the side are the most time consuming, with the little viney offshoots that I always have to count, no matter how many I do!

It is still snowing here. I think it will be June before we see the ground again! Has been so cold, none of it has melted. Our heating system isn't working very well. Thank God, we have a woodstove to back it up. Hope our wood lasts. We have burned through quite a bit of the wood so far. My task for today is to try to find another source of firewood, (not an easy task this time of the year)!

Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

staci said...

Beautiful stitching progress Erica! Keep warm!

Ranae said...

This piece is looking really pretty, love the colors too.
Stay warm!!

Anonymous said...

I like this more and more every time I see it, lovely stitching!

Siobhán said...

Nice progress! I love this sampler, though the fill in is a killer!

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I actually have had more success finding my in-laws' family members on the census forms than I have with my own family members back in NYC & Illinois. I'm realizing more & more that one of the problems with the Irish census forms is that if their names are spelled in Irish, they are often recorded wrong. It's been fun, though!

Stay warm--I hear it's bitterly cold there!

the striped rose said...

That is coming along beautifully! :)

barbara said...

It looks wonderful! This is one that I've sort of earmarked for this year. ;)

Mary said...

Oh, it looks lovely! You have gotten so much stitched. I have this one kitted, but there is no telling when it will be started! But, as soon as I saw it in the magazine I just knew I had to do it sometime!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your WIP is coming along nicely, I'm glad you're starting to like the colours.

Teri said...

You are making a lot of progress on this piece! The colors are coming together as more of the design emerges. Looks great!