Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thank You's and Beach Roses

First of all, I want to thank all of you who have taken the time to comment on my Red Thread design and draft dodger tutorial! I appreciate it more than you know!

I have picked up Just Nan's Beach Roses that has been sitting in my stash for quite a while.


This design just cries out to be done during the summer, preferably while sitting with an ocean view, but sometimes that just can't be arranged.

I figured there was just about enough summer left to finish this design.


It is tiny, just 3-1/2" square, but very detailed.

Unfortunately there has been a lot of frogging going on here!

First of all, the chart is tiny and a little hard to read. (Would it have killed them to print it on a full page instead of a half page)? Also, there is just enough variation in the wave border, and just slight variations in the color to make it difficult! One little mis -stich and it is hard to find where you have gone wrong.

All that said, I love the design, and I am looking forward to finishing it up.

I am stitching it on 28 count Lambswool, using DMC.

Here is my progress so far:

4 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

That Just Nan is so pretty the colours are great!

Shelleen said...

very pretty. I love the JN pieces.

riona said...

Your Just Nan is lovely ... if I didn't have so many pieces already started, I'd allow you to inspire me to dig out my Autumn Square by Just Nan ... it's the same size and complexity and, though I bought it two years ago, I haven't even had it out of the package. But instead, I will content myself with admiring your progress. By the way, thanks for your comments on my recent finishes ... I think the Jolly Roger Cat is a hoot ... I am going to finish it back to back with one of those angelic cat Christmas ornaments [slightly modified] to serve as a door knob hanger warning my daughter's visitor's as to the ever-changing moods of her pride of cats [all six of them].

Kathy said...

Good progress. Looking good.