Friday, November 9, 2012

A Little Pumpkin Finish

I totally missed Halloween this year! It happened when we had no power or phone, and were completely cut off from the rest of the world.

I am not a big Halloween stitcher, but I do love harvest designs!

I started this several days before the blackout, but didn't get to finish it until now.


I did a simple finish with a striped cotton fabric, and stuffed it with polyfil.


It came from an "oldie but goodie" Prairie Schooler booklet that I have had for ages.

A Prairie Year - Prairie Schooler  #13 from 1986

We haven't had much of an opportunity to clean up after Sandy yet. We did make one unpleasant discovery. A large fallen tree had blocked our access to the back yard. When we went got over it, we discovered that one of the larger branches had fallen on our best bee hive!
Keith tried his best to save it, and moved the frames into another box, but the outcome is doubtful because it was exposed to the elements for a while.
Bummer!
I am really looking forward to things getting back to normal. I am sure the people who have lost much more, probably feel the same.

10 comments:

Nicola said...

I love harvest designs too Erica, and your pumpkin is gorgeous!

Gill - That British Woman said...

what a lovely design. Sorry about the bee hive. Glad it wasn't your house that was damaged.

Gill in Canada

Margaret said...

Beautiful finish! Yes, we missed halloween as well. It was so weird, especially since it was the first one with both kids away too. Sorry about your beehive -- such a bummer! I am looking forward to normalcy and hope we have lots and lots of it.

Barb said...

Your little finish is so cute ! Our thoughts have been with all of you in this horrid storm. I'm glad to hear that you and your family are safe. Sorry to hear about the bee hive.

Nicola said...

I am so sorry about your bee hive. My son keeps bees and we love the honey.

Giovanna said...

Cute finish - well done! But so sorry about the beehive :-(

Siobhán said...

Sorry to hear about your beehive! :( I hope things get back to normal for you soon. I'm glad you didn't sustain more damage. The finish is fantastic--I just love PS designs!

Brigitte said...

I love this PS book and have stitched some of the designs myself. Your pumpkin ornament looks very lovely.
Sorry to hear about the beehive.

Julie said...

Sad news about your beehive. Mother.
PS deigns are such fun to stitch, your finish is really great.

stitcherw said...

Cute finish, I like the old PS designs like that. Sorry about your BeeHive, seems like bees need all the help they can get lately too.
Sue