Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Willie

We lost little Willie last night.
He has been my constant companion for almost 18 years. His favorite spot was the chair in my office.
He did have some medical problems, but until recently they were managed very well. We gave him his daily insulin, and he did very well until about 10 days ago.
He spent 5 days at the hospital. We brought him home last Thursday. We force fed him and nursed him all weekend, but it just didn't work.
I know his spirit is free now, but the chair behind me is empty, and I miss my little friend so much.
I hope he knew how much he was loved.

Willie
(1994 - 2012)

10 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm so sorry, Erica. My heart breaks for you. Hugs

Glenna said...

I guarantee you that he knew how much he was loved. So sad to lose a little one, especially after all those years. I'm so sorry.

Terri said...

So sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers!

Carrie said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Willie. Sending you a hug.

doris said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about Willie. It's so hard to lose a constant companion.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear your sad news.

Melissa said...

I am so sorry you lost Willie. He did quite a long cat life though, didn't he? Take care!

NanaPeggy said...

I'm so sorry Erica. ((hugs))

Jeannine520 said...

Erica, I'm so sorry for your loss of beautiful Willie. I know the loss of a great cat is heartbreaking. (((hugs))) to you, take care.

Karoline said...

I'm so sorry for your loss