Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Progress on "In the Forest"

The rabbits are getting bigger!

Here is an update:


I just realized that I forgot the stitch on the girl rabbit's nose! At least, I think she's a girl! I think the one with the cape is a guy and the one with the heart is the girl.

What do you think?

It's coming along slowly. I had to take out parts of it which cost me some time. I am finding that there is quite a bit of eye strain on this one. The linen is very dark, and the thread is very irregular on this fabric. With a thread count this small (35 ct), it really helps if the threads are more uniform. It makes it easier to count.

I would guess that I am a little more than a third finished.

3 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

Great progress on this and on the red thread which I just love

Desi said...

I LIKE your rabbits, and I think you're right about their genders. It's fun to watch your progress. Also, I'm impressed that your Maypole is done and it's not even May yet!

Erica said...

Thanks for your encouragement on the rabbits. I really appreciate it. It is coming along, but much slower than I would like, more frogging! GROAN!

On the Red thread, I just wanted to get a bit ahead. I can't help but think that April should have been a design with unbrellas for April Showers, and the Flowers should have been in May instead of April, but that's just me!