Friday, March 29, 2024

It's Time for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt !

This little bunny hop hunt is organized by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching . Frankly, I don't know how she manages it all! It would be way too complicated for me!

The idea is to post a letter that will be a clue to the phrase we are all hunting for. My contribution is:

                                                                        i  (little i )

Then, you can visit the next blog  - https://lifeoutsidethewashingbasket.blogspot.com/ for the next clue.

If you visit Jo's blog, you will find a list of all the participants.

For me, the selection was easy. Since this is my year for finishing things, I picked The Mini Bunny Egg, that I actually stitched back in 2017. It seems like I stitched it just yesterday! I decided it was time for it to get out of the finishing box.



I added some trim to it, and backed it with pink felt. Here it is finished:

Mini Bunny Egg- Waxing Moon Designs
40 ct hand dyed raspberry linen with white DMC floss

Originally, I didn't think the white stitches showed up enough on the raspberry linen, but the trim actually helped it "pop" a bit. 

It looks a little crooked on the back, but here is :



HAPPY SPRING EVERYBODY!


9 comments:

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Very delicate and pretty in pink.

Roni said...

Happy Easter, thank you for the letter, I like the bunny egg

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Easter Treasure Hunt this year. I love how the finish really brings the stitching to life in this case. Very pretty for Spring.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a pretty egg finish, Erica! Well done!

jocondine said...

Nice pattern and great finish. Thanks for the letter. Joyeuses fêtes de Pâques. xxx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely ornament, thank you for your letter, Happy Easter 🐣

Astrids dragon said...

It looks beautiful finished - such a big difference! I hope you had a lovely Easter.

Mylene said...

That is a cute ornament! Love it!
Hope your Spring weather is good..
here, only rain, rain, windy and cold.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh what a cute finish, well done! Thank you for the letter.