Monday, February 10, 2020

First Finish of 2020!

I finished one of these socks in 2019, and the second one a few days after New Years.


I guess I can wear them on St Valentine's Day. Otherwise, I'm all set for next Christmas!


After that I got back to work on Flower Power.

I finished up the blue Delphiniums and the two little hummingbirds at the top of them.

Then, I went back to the middle of the design to finish up the little blue butterfly and the bird flying over head.

This is how it looks so far:

Please forgive the wrinkles!

Next I will move over to the left side, to start on the Columbines. If you look closely, you can see one that I finished (next to the Day lily and on top of the daisies).
I am determined to finish this design this year, however, it does get tiresome working on something this large without a break. I am thinking that I might make a small quilt next for a change of pace.

Once I get started, I will post back and let you know.

That's all for now. Hope everyone's having a good year so far!

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous socks and great progress on your Floral piece.
It's nice to have a large piece to focus on but good to have some smaller projects inbetween too.

Terri said...

Flower Power is looking wonderful! I've always wanted to do this one too. Love the socks!

Margaret said...

Your socks look great! And OMG, your WIP is lovely! Somehow that type of design intimidates me!

Daisy Debs said...

Oh ! I love your embroidery ...and love your beautiful festive red socks ! :)

Astrids dragon said...

Your socks look great, I say wear them for Christmas AND Valentine's Day!
Flower Power is so beautiful and colourful, keep on stitching. But sometimes a small diversion is nice too!