Saturday, February 14, 2015

I have been busy.

I haven't been blogging, but I promise you, I have been very busy.
The dreaded kitchen cabinets still have me in their hold! At this rate, I will be lucky to finish them sometime this summer!

I finished up the year with my hand-painted socks. I was on a roll. I was determined to refine my sock-knitting skills. The first pair, I knitted the traditional way on 4 double point needles. This time I wanted to try knitting them on a circular needle.

I was lucky enough to score a free box of yarn. Most of it was leftovers from other projects, but I did find some purple yarn that caught me eye. It was only a lace weight, so I had to double it up to get to a sock weight.

Last time the socks came out too big, so I made them smaller.

My purple socks from mystery yarn

The yarn was not so good, but atleast they look like socks! The circular needle was a little tricky at first, but I got used to it.

Keith saw me knitting all these socks, and said "Where are my socks?"

Well, I was hoping to refine my skills a little more before giving anyone a present, but what the heck.

I set out to knit him some socks. The green wool is a very nice, super-washed merino.

I found out that knitting socks for men takes a lot longer than knitting socks for me.

Thank goodness they turned out ok. Of course I still didn't know if they would fit. They seemed very big to me.



They were a St. Valentine's Day surprise.




He says he likes them! Yay!


We need lots of warm socks this winter! It's cold here!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

It's been fun reading your posts and seeing all your finishes for 2014 and your sock knitting! I've never knitted socks -- I keep thinking I should try but I'm not sure I want to. lol! Looks like you have caught on really fast!

Gill - That British Woman said...

love the socks, wish I could knit....

Gill - That British Woman said...

love the socks, wish I could knit....

Karoline said...

Great work on the socks