Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Finish, a Start, and a TUSAL


I finished up S. Wood. She is a pretty little thing.

S. Wood - The Scarlet Letter
Au ver a soie on 32 count tea-dyed linen

Next, I started Celtic Heart, a little project for Valentines Day. I have had this in my stash for ages.


I am using Gentle Art over-dyed threads in Cranberry on 40 count antique linen.
It is a treat to be able to stitch over two threads again! The 40 count is a little tough on the eyes, but it is still better than one over one.

This was the first photo:


Then, I took this one last night.


It's coming along, but it is a bit slow. There is no apparent pattern to the stitches, so you really have to pay close attention to the chart. Atleast the heart came together. YAY! Always good when the ends meet! Now I just have two other borders to match!

Last but not least is my TUSAL, the second one this month.


The threads are all from S. Wood and the Birdkeeper.

7 comments:

Krista said...

Great new finish, Erica! Love that Celtic heart too, it will be beautiful in that red.

Margaret said...

Such a beautiful finish! As for the Celtic Heart -- love it! I have this and some of the letters in my stash of charts, but I'm scared to tackle them precisely because of that apparent randomness of stitching. Yikes! Looking good!

Emma/Itzy said...

A great finish and a lovely new start too :)

Barb said...

What a lovely finish! The celtic heart is going to be very pretty.

Mary said...

That was a very quick stitch! Next month your orts jar will have plenty of red in it.

Brigitte said...

A wonderful finish, Erica. And the Celtic Heart will be gorgeous, just because it has all these random stitches. Just perfect for Valentines.

Karoline said...

Lovely finish and a great new start, Celtic Heart is looking gorgeous