|Mary Hart Sampler - The Scarlet Letter|
Stitched on 32 count linen using Au ver a soie.
The photo could be better. I don't know why, but I had trouble capturing it. I love the graceful borders, as well as the funky cat!
Things here have been quite nerve-wracking lately, and I have had some trouble focusing on any one project. I have flitted about a bit.
I worked a little on American Sampler Quilt, a long standing WIP. This is a cross stitch lap quilt. The design is stamped on, so it is perfect for what I like to call, my "brain-dead" stitching! I have completed about 1-1/2 of the 4our motifs .I finished the star, and I am about halfway through with the Dresden plate motif. Here is where I left off.
Also, I found an unfinished Lee needlepoint Arts & Crafts design. I love the arts & Crafts era, and I just hate to see things go unfinished!
It was mostly completed (not by me), but needed a little bit more fill in with the cream color. Of course, the yarn was long ago lost. I set out to try to find a match. I tried all of my wool yarns, to no avail. Finally, I realized that it had a bit of a sheen to it. It was probably acrylic, and meant that I would never find a match. I decided to try to match it with a DMC color. I used all six strands.
Here is the whole design:
|Art Nouveau canvas -Lee Designs|
Here is one of the sections I filled in:
The match wasn't exact, but I was lucky in that the missing areas were separated from the block (central heart-shaped) area of the cream, so I think it worked out pretty well. It is a little bit too white, and a little too thin, but otherwise, it would not have been finished at all.
Sometimes you have to cheat a little to get the job done!
I am hoping to find some dark green velveteen, and finish it as a pillow.
That's all for now. Hope all of you are well!
Will be back soon!