Friday, June 29, 2012

Sarah's tree is finished!

Why is it trees always look so simple, but take so long to stitch?
This one is filled with some very colorful critters! First I though they were all birds, but now I think that yellow one might be a 3-legged cat. I guess that is better than a 3-legged bird?!?
I am not sure about the purple one at the top either.

I also finished the little basket on the right. The bottom is cross stitch, but the top is done in an eyelet stitch.

I also finished her roof with the chimneys.

The verse is hard to read here. It goes:

Sarah Whiteley Is My Name And With
My hand I Work The Same I Have
Done This To Let You See What Care
My Parents Takes of Me But When
I Ham Dead And In My Grave I Hope
You Will This favourit Save

Well, that's all I have for now. We will probably have a quiet weekend and holiday. I don't like to drive anywhere on these holiday weekends. I just can't stand sitting in traffic anymore!
Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh wow! I love the colors!! So pretty!

Melissa said...

Lovely colours on Sarah!

Your BOAF L'Automne finish is beautiful!

Barb said...

The colors on Sarah are so pretty! a great start!

Susan said...

Love the colors on Sarah!

Anne said...

It's gorgeous Sarah!! I love watching this one unfold!!