Friday, March 4, 2011

March TUSAL

Looks like Christmas!

I have all that red from Celebrate your Heart, and the green is from my current project Nil aon tintean mar do thintean fein.

Sorry for all the wrinkles!

The letters on this one are easy enough, but oh boy, you have to be careful with those interlocking knots!

Hopefully, this will be finished soon. I am thinking about my next project. I have a few ideas, but nothing is screaming at me just yet.


The days are starting to look much nicer, more daylight, but it is still mighty cold out there! We still have a lot of snow and ice that has not melted.

The bees have shown a few signs of life. They have done some hive cleaning (when they remove the dead bees), but they are still not active yet. There is suddenly a renewed interest in our honey, (probably because it is easier for people to navigate our driveway now LOL)! We have about two dozen bears left from the fall harvest now, but they will be gone soon. Just as soon as the weather is warm enough for the honey to flow, we will start harvesting the spring honey.

4 comments:

Brigitte said...

The finished heart in your last post is just gorgeous. A wonderful finish. And this WIP won't take long to be finished.
Hopefully your ice and snow will soon be melted and will make room for spring. Here we already see the firsat signs of spring and I have been stitching bunnies for quite a whiel just to celebrate it, lol.

Daffycat said...

Goodness ~ that is a big pile of ORTs!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely red and green orts! Yeah celtic knots can sure be a pain, but oh so pretty when done right.

Mmmm I love local honey!

Measi said...

I love your recent finishes - congrats! I promise you that spring is around the corner. I'm in New England, so I've been right there with you on the snow. We finally have a visible curb again outside our house, and the daffodils are just starting to peek up. Soon it'll be warm again!