Friday, November 28, 2008

Just no hurrying this rug!

During the last few days I have spent quite a bit of time working on the rug. I have the sore neck, shoulders, and arms as well as the rough hands to prove it! It now measures about 70" X 115"

I was disappointed when I realized that it would not be done by Thanksgiving, but now reality has set in and I realize that it will not be finished by Christmas either!

Bummer! It is just no fun having Christmas dinner on the coffee table!

I just finished row 43 today. It takes 2 to 3 days for each row, and that doesn't count the time to prepare the wool. I figure I will need 58 or 59 rows. Very best case senario with no interuptions (ha ha) it would take me about 2 months to finish it.

Here are some pictures:

Row 42


Row 43:


I just started row 44 today. This will be the last one in my medium shading. I am adding blue as my wild row.


On the stitching front I have been working on the little lap quilt 'Tis the Season. I have almost finished one of the squares. I know this one will never be finished by the holidays!

Oh well! Maybe by next Christmas I will be organized!

3 comments:

Mylene said...

'tis the season square is looking great!!

Shelleen said...

you can finish the rug, just don't eat or sleep. Sleep is over rated anyways LOL.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your lap quilt will be lovely!