Saturday, February 10, 2024

My Little LOVE Pillow is Finished!

 It has been a while since I have stitched on black linen OMG! My eyes have gotten worse! 32 count black linen is tough to see, so this is not my best work, but it is finished.

"Love" - Ezia Gladstone - New York Dreamer


The backing is unremarkable, but I had trouble finding something that did not detract.


So, this is my St. Valentine's Day display this year:



I know this is a pretty silly holiday, largely made up by the card and candy companies, but I do love pink, so it is a good excuse for me!

We are expecting to get a snow storm on Monday night. We haven't had much snow this winter, but now frankly I hope we don't get any! We have been feeding some feral cats on our deck, and I always worry about where they go when it snows. They have enough trouble with all the raccoons, dogs, possums, and foxes! We have tried to lure them closer, but they are true ferals and are very afraid of humans. To make matters worse, we think one of them is pregnant. 

I almost forgot. I haven't put this out there in a while. This is my TUSAL! I continued it from last year as it wasn't anywhere near full. A lot of what is in there are snippets from my Nut Border Sweater.


I love seeing all of your stitching feats. It keeps me creative!


3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Love pillow is a beauty, Erica. About the only black "fabric" I stitch on these days is perforated paper. It just isn't enjoyable to me, so I don't. Your display is lovely. Happy Sunday!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work for your little display. I do love the effect of stitching on black fabric.
Could you put a little kennel out for the feral cats so they have some shelter?

jocondine said...

I just saw your sweet pillow on Astrid blog for the blog hop. Nice finish and the stitching on black fabric looks so great. Well done! xxx