Wednesday, November 18, 2020

What a Year!

Where to even begin?

My last post was back before the world changed.

I am pleased to announce that I finally finished Flower Power !

This was interrupted so many times, that I was afraid I would never get to finish it. The older I get, the more I hate unfinished projects!

This design is big !



Flower Power - Crossed Wing Collection





It is quite an odd size. I don't have a frame in the attic for this one!

Another little one I stitched was Sew Happy, a folk design from All Through the Night.



Sew Happy - All through the Night

I have a much better chance of framing this one.

Over the summer, I made a HST (Half square triangle) quilt top for Martha, my mother-in-law. I used some plain muslin pieces to embroider.














 I miss you quilt! Atleast I thought to take some photos of it!

Currently, I am knitting a pair of socks. I always forget how long that takes. I guess I am a slow knitter!

After that I am not sure what I will do. Usually I have it all planned out. I think that Flower Power took so long that I got out of the habit of thinking what was to come next.

I hope all of you are staying safe out there. I hope we will be looking back on this year very soon!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Erica, your Flower Power is an incredible finish. Well done! The Sewing Bird is a sweet stitch and your HST quilt is so beautiful. Love the little embroidered designs you included.

Susan said...

Congratulations on finishing Flower Power. I started it as a SAL on a bulletin board many, many years ago, I think I've finished part 1 and a bit of part 2. I need to pull it out again. The little bird piece is cute and I love your quilt.